Chakra healing, health and what are they
To understand Chakras we need to first understand the basics of light and colour.
If you take pure light and shine it through a prism the light will break into a spectrum of seven colours – Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Indigo, violet
We familiarly recognize this as the spectrum of the rainbow. This spectrum as we know it is the foundation of every visible colour.
What you might not know about colour – is that each colour vibrates at a different frequency.
Red – has the longest wave length and the slowest vibration frequency. We recognize it as warm and stimulating.
Violet – has the shortest wave length and the fastest vibration frequency and we recognize it as cool and calming.
I’m sure I don’t have to describe what happens between these two colours, it’s just a frequency change.
This basic knowledge believe it or not is very important but we are going to look further into the Chakras first.
Now in modern science we have learnt that certain colours can stimulate mental activity and other colours can calm the mind. We know that we need light energy for nourishing our brain, emotion and physical body and most importantly our Chakras.
So what is a Chakra?
The word Chakra comes from the Sanskrit word meaning wheel.
A Chakra is a wheel like vortex spinning in a circular motion within the body. It spins clockwise.
This forms a vacuum in the centre that draws in energy on a vibratory level. It can draw in anything from colour vibration, to microwaves, to energy and emotions of people that we come into contact with.
I’m going to be focusing on the 7 main Chakras in our energy system.
Chakras are kind of like the etheric motor of your soul. Not only do your Chakras draw in energy, each Chakra radiates an energy of vibration and governs over a majour organ or gland; connected to other body parts that resonate at the same frequency.
To have balanced and aligned Chakras will make you happier, healthier and more in tune with yourself.
When one Chakra centre is out of sync; it may eventually affect the organ and glands that it is connected too and cause Chakras neighbouring them to also go out of sync. Causing a chain reaction and many bodily imbalances.
A Chakra can become out of balance when it is
over active, under active or possibly congested or blocked.
This is almost always felt on an emotional, mental or physical level.
The benefits of energizing your Chakras and learning about them are primarily for harmony of mind, body or spirit.
Your mind alone cannot nurture your whole being, nor can a proper food diet solve all your problems. It is through your Chakras that you can learn to balance all of you. Bringing you into a healthier state of consciousness.
As I mentioned before each Chakra is connected an organ or gland which governs over a section of the body.
The order of the Chakras actually go from the bottom up, starting with red and changing vibration within each Chakra until you get to violet/white.
Before I go any further; think about this.
When you break light apart you get seven colours.
These are the same seven colours that our physical body is tethered to.
What would you see if you had to look at a human through an ethereum prism;
Are we beings of light?
– Think about it.
Seven majour functions of the Chakras:
- Chakras are vortexes of energy that allow energy to flow freely and without restriction.
- It is important to increase energy flow to the Chakras so we can become healthy on all levels.
- A lack of flow to the Chakras results in disease and energy blocks, this will then have a knock on effect on our lives, physically, emotionally, mentally and spiritually.
- Closed Chakras distort our perceptions and dampen our feelings; we feel unconnected and are unable to experience life to the full. This can result in depression, stress, confusion, unhealthy relationships and self-neglect.
- Increasing energy flow to the Chakras revitalizes you on every level and also brings about development of self consciousness and world consciousness.
- Opening the Chakras makes us become more open, more connected and more awakened to the world and life on earth.
- A key to opening and healing the Chakras is meditation and living in the now.
Now lets take a look at each Chakra
The Base Chakra is situated at the base of the spine, this energy centre is in charge of our physical well being and it feeds our spine, bones and joints with life force energy. By improving our posture and making ourselves active through movement of the joints we can become more balanced and active. the Base Chakra charges our support system which includes spine, hips, knees and ankles etc. and all the joints that promote movement. On a spiritual level the key is “movement” by opening the Base Chakra you are able to move forward physically, emotionally and spiritually. Physical activity and “presence” improves flow of energy therefore boosting the positive effects of this Chakra.
If your Base Chakra is OPEN and HEALTHY then you will have great presence in the world, this means that you will be HERE NOW and not float off in your mind with worry and mind chatter, being truly present is to enjoy each moment in the here and now; this gives you a strong will to live, giving you energy, vitality and being physically active. People often use the word “grounded”, this means that somebody is present in the moment and not letting emotion or thoughts take over them.
People who are NOT GROUNDED are usually caught up in emotion, control dramas or thoughts, sometimes they are stuck and have no movement, this can result in sitting in front of the television, addictions or neglecting the physical body. Energetically this person cannot move forward on any level, physically, emotionally, mentally or spiritually.
Healing the Base Chakra
If you are feeling sluggish, caught up in the same routine, overwhelmed with emotion, thoughts of the past, or you are neglecting your physical self then your Base Chakra is unhealthy. Here is a step by step guide on how to heal yourself:
- The Base Chakra is associated to the colour red; so wear more red items, whether it be red socks, bra, undies, jersey, bracelet/s, etc.
- Eat more red coloured fruit and vegetables. (Tomatoes, red peppers, peppadews, red apples, etc.)
- Go outside and connect to nature, go for a walk, then just be in the now, don’t let thoughts (remember you are not your thoughts, you are much more than a thought) or emotions take over (an emotion is just a temporary state of being) just be in the moment, absorb the colours and sounds, enjoy your physical world around you.
- Dedicate time for physical activity, even if it’s doing 10 star jumps a day; this gets energy flowing into your Base Chakra and you will start to feel better about yourself.
- There are certain aromatherapy oils that make you feel good and active, these oils work tremendously well, essential oils are taken from different plants, flowers, herbs, fruits and trees and their healing benefits work on all levels of our energetic selves. Great ones for “moving forward” are Eucalyptus and Frankincense.
- Crystals help with energy healing, each crystal or mineral has healing benefits due to their chemical composition. Copper is great to use for problems with joints, it will move your energy and pull it to the ground, helping you to be physically present and active. Place copper nuggets in your pockets, this will ground you and move you forward.
The Sacral Chakra represents sexuality, emotions and feelings. This is the center where you will connect to people and to emotional dramas within your life, the sacral deals with emotional dramas and your feeling towards men and women; it is the duality of emotion. Beyond your sexual discrimination, fears and phobias lies your ultimate creative force, bringing the power to change and create new life. This is your sexual centre and the key to this energy centre is “create” this is on every level. Like all the other Chakras it develops and changes through time, we are always creating throughout our lives in many different ways. Beyond our sexual discrimination, phobias and fears lays our ultimate creative force that can produce new life and empower you as a human being.
If your Sacral Chakra is OPEN and HEALTHY you will have good feelings towards yourself, others and the world. Your thoughts and feelings will be positive towards men and women equally and you can express feelings easily (works with Throat Chakra). You will be creative in some way shape or form, bringing out the very essence of who you are onto earth (this works with the Solar Plexus Chakra).
If your Sacral Chakra is BLOCKED, OVERCHARGED, CLOSED or SPINNING THE OTHER WAY then this can have quite a majour effect on your life. It will influence all your relationships creating a negative outcome for yourself and others. A closed Chakra will result in no feelings and no emotions, so this person may feel quite empty and be driven by work and material status. An OVERACTIVE Sacral Chakra can result in emotion ruling your life in an unhealthy way, becoming addicted to emotional dramas or letting a man woman relationship rule your life, this will show a sacral dysfunction, some people can be over needy and clingy to other people, this is very unhealthy and can result in violence, addiction to another person and illusion.
Healing the Sacral Chakra
- The Sacral Chakra is associated to the colour orange; so wear more orange items, whether it be orange socks, undies, jersey, bracelet/s, etc.
- Eat more orange coloured fruit and vegetables. (carrots, butternut, oranges, pears, mango, pumpkin, etc.)
- Breathing into your stomach helps tremendously, if you are feeling too emotional or your feeling empty, bring your breathing down to your stomach, as you breathe in let your stomach go out, and as you breath out, your stomach will go in. Absorb the universal energy deep into your sacral; repeat 12 times or more to really feel the benefit.
- Another breathing exercise is to breath in peace (visualise white or silver around you) do this with all of your body, feel the breath cleansing every inch of you, breathe with your body. Do this at least 12 times and visualise white and silver energy flowing into your sacral. This meditation is very healing for the inner you (and the ripple effect is that whatever you feel within you will reflect outwardly, therefore affecting your world).
- Find something you love to do, when people truly find themselves and know who they are they start doing things that fulfil their lives, ask yourself what YOU would love to do, how can YOU fulfil yourself and your dreams and desires? When you start to live your truth your focus becomes clear and you will start to feel happy, this is when a relationship will blossom. If you are just focused on relationships and the opposite sex then you will not be fulfilling your soul wants and desires because your energy has to be balanced. Through living your truth you open up all your Chakras, you become healthy and happy and life is about your well-being, you will start to shine and attract people to you.
- Go out in nature and feel the energy of each aspect. Feel the energy of a tree, feel the energy of a bird, etc. This is very therapeutic and will activate your creative essence.
- A great crystal to use to calm emotion is rose quartz, so wear this in your pockets whenever you’re feeling down or emotional.
- Lavander and Jasmine are lovely oils to use for calming emotions and healing the sacral.
- If you have trouble with feelings and emotions and are practical and logical then rose quartz will help to soften that closed energy, everything must be in balance and being non-emotional will give people the impression that you’re a cold person, rose quartz will bring warmth to your sacral.
Solar Plexus Chakra
The Solar Plexus Chakra governs the liver, gallbladder, stomach and pancreas.
The liver is the largest gland in the body. The liver “sorts everything out” transforming toxins into nontoxic compounds, storing vital vitamins and minerals and metabolizes proteins, carbohydrates and fats.
The gallbladder stores bile and then secrets the bile when digestion takes place. The stomach digests food and the pancreas secretes digestive enzymes which are a majour role in digestion and it secrets insulin which has a majour role in carbohydrate metabolism.
This is the Chakra that sorts everything out according to your own belief system.
The Solar Plexus Chakra is related to your individuality and your uniqueness within this world; knowing who you truly are on a deep level, beyond your work. Beyond your work and beyond your faith; who are you? Within this Chakra we often hold power struggles and control dramas, this is the Chakra where we absorb outside influences, we take them in and assimilate it to our own belief and then act accordingly; generating an action and reaction response. Everything we see, hear, smell and touch is taken into this feeling centre, if people watch to much television it will have a significant effect on them; I have noticed within my energy healing sessions that a lot of people have an overactive mind and a large Solar Plexus Chakra, usually filled with a lot of negativity, this is usually because they are absorbing negativity from their outside world and usually a lot of it is from technology (television, games, social media, etc.). The keyword for this Chakra is “freedom” we often get addicted and attached to thought processes such as worry, fear and control. Other attachments connected to this energy centre are games, internet, television, control dramas, people, places, etc. So the Key is to let go of attachment and be free in your thinking, know what you want and focus clearly on your intention and be in the now, you can then start to open up a brand new life of freedom and joy.
If you have a HEALTHY functioning Solar Plexus Chakra you will look after yourself and be healthy. You will have no addictions and be totally free of limitations and fear.
Healing the Solar Plexus Chakra
- The Solar Plexus Chakra is associated to the colour yellow; so wear more yellow items, whether it be yellow socks, undies, jersey, bracelet/s, etc.
- Eat more yellow coloured fruit and vegetables. (bananas, lemons, yellow peppers, corn, etc.)
- Break away from attachments, if you are dedicating too much of your time watching television, being on the internet, smoking, drinking, etc. then this will be an addiction; to live without addictions is truly liberating and freeing. Follow the step by step process beneath to help you break away from addiction.
- Break away from addiction: 1. Replace the addiction with something else that is in line to your purpose, ask yourself: What do I really want to do with my life? How can I make this happen? People often dismiss their dreams and desires because of fear or excuses, make sure your dreams are in line with your purpose, so it would be something you feel passionate about, don’t have a dream from the ego such as winning the X Factor when you cannot sing. It has to be something your good at naturally; or do something that you have always wanted to learn e.g: painting, photography, etc. If it’s something you’ve wanted for a long time it’s usually your soul crying out to manifest your creative essence.
2. Another way to break away from addiction is to get healthy, become aware of what you are eating, take walks, exercise, all these things help open All your Chakras.
- The crystal Larimar helps bring peace to a busy mind and brings mindful thinking. Place it on your Solar Plexus Chakra (3 fingers down from where your rib cage separates) hold onto that area and feel yourself absorbing the energy, do this for 10 minutes.
- The crystal Citrine brings joy and a more positive outlook to situations. (Follow the above instructions)
- The crystal Apophylite is a high energy crystal that will open your solar plexus and bring non attachment and enlightening thoughts into your awareness, at the same time it helps clear negative attachments.
- To bring clarity of mind use Eucalyptus in your aura, just one drop in the palm of your hand and then brush your aura with its essence, then hold your hand over your solar plexus to bring the cleansing energy into the Chakra.
The heart is the bridge to the soul; it’s one of the most powerful Chakras for nurturing your whole body and soul. The key word is “connection”. Firstly, it connects the lower Chakras (our physical 3 dimensional self) with the upper three Chakras (our spiritual multidimensional self). The Heart Chakra is the energy centre for the soul to manifest in physical form, it is through love and love alone that makes our soul sing, this love can be felt in almost every situation if you let the energy flow freely, feeling love for nature, the world, others and ourselves is a respectable outlook on the world today. The best stories or films are usually those that touch our hearts and souls, love can bring tears to the eyes and a warm feeling inside, it can create joy and happiness and affect your life in the most wonderful positive way; or if the heart centre is closed it will affect your life in a negative way. The second key word is “love”. Experience this energy in balance, receiving love is just as important as giving love. The heart Chakra governs the heart, lungs, thymus and the circulatory systems (blood and lymph) connecting and nurturing our body. Therefore physically it keeps us alive, the whole of the system is connected to oxygen and life force so it’s certainly is a very powerful Chakra and has a great significance on our lives.
If your Heart Chakra is OPEN and HEALTHY you will honour the soul of all life on earth. No judgement can prevail with an open heart. You will have great compassion and see everyone as part of you.
Healing your Heart Chakra
Love is a powerful energy that can make or destroy a life. A broken heart can affect a person’s energy field and their Chakras for a very long time, some people are unable to truly love again. Love is more powerful than a man woman relationship; it expands out into the world on a high frequency and can be felt by everyone who comes into contact with it.
- Love without attachment is a hard lesson to learn as most people are working on a control or emotional level when it comes to relationships, on a heart level there is no control or emotional drama, you just love the person for who they are, there are no conditions. If it lasts a minute or a lifetime, it is to be experienced in the now. More importantly is to love and honour yourself, this life is about YOU so accept no abuse, love compassionately but don’t sacrifice your whole life for a person who does not love you.
- Loving the world and the soul of nature and all living things, this is truly healing to the heart. It’s easy to do; just look and absorb the beauty of life around you, see the beauty of a tree, a bird; when you true love for nature and all living things an extreme energy shift can be felt within you.
- Understand that all living things, including you, are like an orchestra, when playing at their best and in tune with others, the orchestra creates wonderful magic and perfect harmony.
- Use Rose Quartz to enhance your Heart Chakra.
- Rose and Frankincense opens and heals the Heart Chakra.
- The Heart Chakra is associated to the colour green; so wear more green items, whether it be green socks, undies, jersey, bracelet/s, etc.
- Eat more green coloured fruit and vegetables. (Green peppers, peas, beans, avocados, kiwi’s, etc.)
The thyriod is situated at the Throat Chakra, this regulates our metabolic rate therefore controls how fast or slow we can function. It is essential for growth and function. The parathyroid is essential for cells and enzyme function, helping the cells absorb nutrients and promote cell division. The key word for this Chakra is “growth” again this means growth on every level of our energy field so we can grow physically, emotionally, mentally and spiritually. Emotional growth is an understanding of emotional intelligence, its having balanced emotions and understanding your inner feelings also the feelings of all living things. Mental growth is breaking away from routine, learning from your mistakes, absorbing life through open and nonjudgmental eyes, learning from nature and then talking with divine truth. Spiritual growth understands that we are all one, learning that the core of all beliefs and all religions are usually from love, no one religion or belief is the best; they would be far more beautiful if they came together and created just one. Spiritual communication is communication with no judgment (when your Throat Chakra is fully opened you talk to a person’s soul and never with judgment or criticism). The Medulla Oblongata (situated at the back of the Throat Chakra) is part of the brain that attaches to the spinal cord. This is where nuclei are stored. The cerebellum works with the muscles and bones to make sure movement is smooth and flowing. The second key word for the Throat Chakra is “manifestation” we will through time manifest things quickly or slowly depending on our intention. This Chakra allows us to express our souls’s truth into the world, we are able to express our feelings and mental concepts easily enabling us to show and live our truth. When people talk to each other they reveal everything that is going on within their aura, they reveal their beliefs, their morals, hurts, ego, etc. Sometimes people will just say things to “fit in” showing they are completely unaware of their true self, or sometimes it will be completely from ego with no spiritual connection.
If your Throat Chakra is OPEN you will be constantly absorbing information, going forward in your life and developing as a human being on every level. You are able to express yourself easily, you will know who you truly are and live your truth, seeing the bigger picture with a vast outlook on life, and you will see things on a broader scale with no prejudice. The key is to constantly grow and evolve as a human being, not getting stuck into one concept, understanding all concepts, understanding all beliefs. Expression will be with wisdom and fore sight.
Healing your Throat Chakra
- The Throat Chakra is associated to the colour blue; so wear more blue items, whether it be blue socks, undies, jersey, bracelet/s, etc.
- Eat more blue coloured fruit and vegetables. (Blue berries, eggplant, etc.). There are not a lot of blue Fruit and Vegetable.
- Crystals: Azurite helps you understand different concepts of life and break away from duality. Copper frees your energy of any emotion, thought or belief that is rigid or stuck. Pyrite has powerful earth energy and helps you to move forward with confidence. Phenacite has a very high vibration; it enhances clairsentience. Hemmimorphite for emotional intelligence. Labradorite and golden topaz for divine wisdom. Petersite is the crystal for teachers and Amethyst is for the transformation process.
- Essential oils: Neroli rubbed into the chest and throat brings peace and light in the Chakra. Pine helps to cleanse the Chakra.
- Talk from your higher self with no judgement, control or emotional attachment. Try and talk from the depth of your soul, relax when you talk, a lot of people talk from fear and you can hear it in their voice; mindless chatter shows a closed Throat Chakra, this is sometimes a defense system.
- Toning really heals this Chakra. Just imagine your soul inside the centre of your being, see it as a light, and then really connect to your soul. Take deep breathes of light into your centre (repeat 12 times) then let a sound come out of your mouth, let this sound be the sound of your soul, just keep singing this tone. You will feel really invigorated and alive when you do this.
Third Eye Chakra
The Third Eye Chakra is located in the middle of your brow; all the Chakras are situated at teh front and back of the body and the energy flows through that area stimulating the physical and energy functions. The Third Eye and Crown Chakra govern the brain and the gland associated. The Third Eye Chakra is in charge of the pituitary gland (connected to the thalamus and hypothalamus). The pituitary gland is known as the master gland; it governs and controls all the other glands (stimulating the adrenals, stimulates growth hormone for muscles and bones, the reproductive system and pigmentation etc). The hypothalamus links mind with the body; it is of great importance toy our own personal experience of life and is vital for survival and enjoyment factors. It links the endocrine system (hormones) with the nervous system and stimulates pleasure centers. The hypothalamus serves as a link between the mind and feelings. It provides a crucial part of the route by which emotions can express themselves through bodily functions. Thoughts create emotions and emotions create a state of mind, this state of mind influences your life in a profound way because each neuron web becomes stronger every time it is activated; therefore every time you express anger, frustration, joy and laughter it strengthens this neuron web and then it becomes part of who you are. So in simple terms: Human biology shows medical evidence on how the mind can affect the whole body and your life. This really is an important Chakra; the key word for this if “feeling”. The reason why feeling is the key word is because it governs all the feeling centers of the physical body. It enables us to feel an all levels or sense on many different levels including clairvoyance, clairsentient, clairaudient, channeling, etc.
If your Third Eye Chakra is OPEN and HEALTHY you will have a strong feeling towards all things and be able to connect to everything. Sensing things on many different levels, you will also have a powerful mind and be able to influence your life and physicallness through the power of thought alone. You will have clarity and focus and make decisions easily from feeling the energy connected to these choices.
Healing your Third Eye Chakra
- The Third Eye Chakra is associated to the colour purple; so wear morepurplee items, whether it be blue socks, undies, jersey, bracelet/s, etc.
- Eat more purple coloured fruit and vegetables. (grapes, onion, cabbage, plums etc.).
- Regular meditation practice.
- Getting in touch with who you are; squeeze every finger and toe, get to know you! You have the power to create your life. Create a wall or a board and put all the things yo love or would love to do on it, look at it daily. This will enhance this Chakra so your vision becomes more focused and in tune with your soul.
- Start using your ESP (Extra Sensory Perception) more; start to sense the energy of everything around you.
- This Chakra holds your emotional intelligence, its emotion without attachment. It’s the emotion you feel when you see a beautiful scene, when you stand on top of a mountain, when you hear music; it’s that feeling of bliss and being aware of what makes you feel good and happy. This will help you have a fulfilling life; maintaining your physical and spiritual pleasure.
- Be in every moment, live totally in the now.
The Crown Chakra govern the cerebral cortex of the brain and pineal gland. The pineal gland is the master gland for light consumption and time. It governs our biological clock and produces a hormone known as melatonin; this is produced when we are asleep at night time (melatonin is only active in the dark). This is a hormone that is found in all living organisms, the level of melatonin produced varies according to how much light the organism/body receives. The Crown Chakra is very complex; it is in charge of our perceptions, including time and the outside world. It also governs all our sensory functions and consciousness. In medical terms consciousness is defined as “awareness of oneself and ones environment”. The cerebral cortex is crucial for remaining conscious. Certain levels or state of consciousness are considered normal. When we are awake we go through different levels of consciousness, sometimes we feel alert and focused and sometimes we feel relaxed, etc. There are also different conscious levels of sleep SWS (Slow Wave Sleep), REM (Rapid Eye Movement sleep associated with dreaming) and ASC (Altered States of Consciousness which are attained by drug use or coma but more beneficially found during meditation and yoga practices). The cerebral cortex connects emotions and memory. Emotions have a very strong effect on the brain. Cerebral activity includes language and brain wave activity. Brain waves can become unbalanced when you are suffering from stress, anxiety, depression and the use of alcohol and drugs. Researchers have found that people who have brain wave imbalances feel stuck in life and feel that they can’t go forward etc. Brain waves can be balanced by sound healing, gentle music and meditation.
The Crown Chakra is related to a person’s connection of spirituality. It’s that greater, advanced relationship that makes you feel part of everything and brings you into a better understanding of world consciousness and God consciousness. This is your subconscious mind, the greater you. The key word is “consciousness” (being conscious in the moment, being conscious of you, your words, etc., spiritual consciousness, world consciousness and God consciousness).
If your Crown Chakra is OPEN and HEALTHY you will feel connected to yourself, others and the world. You are conscious of the here and now and also of the different dimensions of energy, you are open to everything and have no judgement. You will look up at the sky and understand the universal concepts of life. You accept yourself and others.
If your Crown Chakra is CLOSED and UNHEALTHY you will not feel connected at all and will often wonder; “Why am I here? What’s the point to it all?” and you will get lost in materialism, media pressure or peer pressure and all the time will have this deep feeling of not belonging and wanting and craving acceptance from others because you can’t accept higher consciousness.
Healing your Crown Chakra
- The Crown Chakra is associated to the colour white or indigo; so wear more white or indigo items, whether it be white or indigo socks, undies, jersey, bracelet/s, etc.
- Eat more white or indigo coloured fruit and vegetables. (Onions, mushrooms, potatoes, cauliflower, etc.).
- Quiet your mind and meditate.
- Stop mind chatter, know that most mind chatter comes from the ego and not your higher self.
- Stop judging yourself and others.
- Know that you are one with everything. This is attained by mindful thinking, quite your mind and be totally present. (Notice how certain practices help with many of the Chakras).
- Sit quietly, feel your Crown Chakra opening and feel a strong connection to God or the Universe or Buddha, etc.
- Sound healing is very effective for this Chakra (it has a healing effect on all the Chakras). Sound healing is very powerful at this level. It awakens your consciousness to everything that you are. It awakens every facet of your soul. Music is very powerful it can heal, calm, motivate and affect you on all levels.